Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reflections

i have not written for the past weeks not because i do not want but sometimes you have to give up on somethings to gain others.
i have been busy with the women empowerment project and we are trying to set up some project that are sustainable . Very soon they are going to start a micro-lending initiative of their own, call it a small Grameen Bank. You dont know how a bank intimidates a rural woman and the fear of borrowing money from the bank but they are so excited with this idea and i cant wait to get it running.
I have been thinking of what drives me to do certain things for people and i realized its not because of me but it is the passion and compassion that God put inside me.
i have seen how love can even change the hardest of people and yah! some times it frustrating especially when you can not accept the facts about life .
i have also realized that i have responsibilities now and yah! its time to grow up , thats the way things run in africa, we grow up so early and the troubles of life wear you out so much but am not complaining .

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maureen, I am glad that you are happy with the projects you are working on! I miss you so much! I love the song you have on here. :)

AmberG said...

What a blessing to here part of your life story on your blog!

Music