Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hope

When we are born, the desire to Hope is engraved in our lives because Let's face it, if we did not hope, then we would never think of tomorrow and Hope that it will being us better things, we would never go through problems Hoping that tomorrow will be better but we learn to hope and some how that keeps us going every day.
The other day, I went to talk to a fistula patient about the idea of using a menstrual cup to hold urine so technically this would give them one hour of protection only that they would have to keep emptying the cup once it gets full. When I explained this to the patient, she was willing to try and she told me " I am Hoping that this works".
We sat quietly for one hour and this was the longest hour for this woman,  every time I looked at her, she seemed to be praying quietly, and deep down my heart i was hoping that it would work out so that this woman would have better days ahead of her. Eventually the hour elapsed, but our Hope was Thwarted because the Urine did not drop into the cup but it instead continued to leak outside the cup.
Later, the woman looked up to me and said " It might not have worked this time , but I will keep trying the cup and I Hope that it will work"

No comments:

Music